The North of Ireland Family History Society is a registered charity (NIC106071) with particular reference to the nine counties of Ulster.
The Spring Programme of Courses has finished.
Preparation for the Autumn series will begin soon.
Are you interested in any of these courses?
Email Martin at Education@NIFHS.org to register your interest.
This will help in drawing up the programme content.
Please give your
- Full Name, Membership Number (if any), Course Title
The courses are open to members and non-members.
More details can be found on the Courses page.
- Advantages of Y-DNA – 1 session
- Emigration to Australia and New Zealand – 1 session
- Family Finder – 3 sessions
- Family Tree Maker – Basics and Benefits – 1 session
- It’s All About Me – 1 session
- Land Records – 2 sessions in 1 day
- Life in Ulster in the 1830s – 1 session
- Making the Most of Your Autosomal DNA Results – 2 sessions
- Researching Military Ancestors – 2 sessions
- Starting your Genealogy – Beginner’s Course – 3 sessions
- Transcription – Methods and Benefits – 1 session
- Understanding Heraldry – 2 sessions in 1 day
- Using Family Search – 1 session
- Valuation Records – 2 sessions in 1 day
- Websites for Genealogy – 2 session
- Writing up Your Family History – 3 sessions
Associate Membership is for those, typically living far away, who do not attend meetings but who wish to enjoy the other Benefits of Membership.
To join or renew online, go to the Associate Membership page and submit your application via PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit/debit card).
To join or renew by post use the Associate Membership Form with a cheque or Bankers Draft in UK Sterling drawn on a UK Bank to the Society.
Associate Members receive the two issues of the North Irish Roots journal published during the membership year.
Some of the NIFHS Branches use social media to extend their contact with those interested in Family History research. More …
The list of Resources available online for NIFHS Members.
The new season of talks arranged by the various Branches starts in September. All are open to the public. The Branch Membership year runs from September to August. New members are especially welcome. Join early to get the maximum benefit.
The latest issue – Volume 30 No. 1
has been dispatched to Members.