Associate Membership Application (or Renewal) for 2023 Year
Join or Renew Associate Membership for the 2023 Year : 1 January – 31 December : £18.00
The membership fee paid is treated as a donation made to the Society, a registered charity, for the advancement of its objects.
If you are a UK taxpayer resident in the UK, the value of your membership fee can be boosted by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme at no extra cost to you. A Gift Aid Declaration is required. Click/tap on the Join/Renew button below to go to the Application Form which includes the Gift Aid option.
How to Join the Society or Renew Associate Membership
To Join the Society for the first time – click on the Join/Renew button and then complete the online form, selecting the “New ASSOCIATE MEMBER” option as the Associate Membership Type.
Existing and past members should enter their membership number, or a “?” (question mark) if not known, in the membership number box which will appear on the form.
If you need any help, please email the Membership Team at Membership@nifhs.org.
The membership fee is paid to the Society through the PayPal online payments system using either a PayPal account or a credit/debit card. It is not necessary to create a PayPal account.
Fill in the details on the Associate Membership Application/Renewal Form and then click/tap on the payment button. The ‘Log in to PayPal’ form displayed may differ from the example shown here.
If using a credit/debit card instead of a PayPal account –
- Remove any email address that appears by default on the ‘Log in to PayPal‘ form.
- Click on the ‘Pay by Debit or Credit Card‘ button at the bottom of the form.
- Complete the ‘PayPal Guest Checkout‘ form with your card, billing address and contact information details.
Note: It is not necessary to create a PayPal account.
What Happens Next
The Society relies on volunteers to deal with the many areas of its service provision. It has no full-time staff.
Membership applications are normally processed on a weekly basis.
There may be up to seven days between paying the membership fee through PayPal and the processing of an application.
Your application will be processed by the Society and in due course you will receive –
- Welcome Letter with the username and password for the website Members’ content
– check your email spam/junk folder if there seems to be a delay with our response.
- North Irish Roots Journal when published
- NIFHS News e-Newsletter when published