The North of Ireland Family History Society is a registered charity (NIC106071) with particular reference to the nine counties of Ulster.
Research Centre & Office: Unit C4, Valley Business Centre, 67 Church Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT36 7LS.
Premises Open: Tuesdays 2pm – 8pm (except in holiday periods: December 11th, 18th, 25th & January 1st) and by arrangement.
Associate Membership is for those, typically living far away, who do not attend meetings but who wish to enjoy the other Benefits of Membership. To join or renew, go to the Associate Membership page and submit your application online via PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit/debit card), or post the Associate Membership Form with a Cheque or Bankers Draft in UK Sterling drawn on a UK Bank to the Society.
The latest issue – Volume 29 No. 2 will be posted out shortly to Members.
As the second issue of our journal “North Irish Roots” for the 2018 year has been published we can now accept online Associate Membership Renewals for 2019. Renewing early helps to spread the workload and reduces the New Year peak.
The list of Resources available online for NIFHS Members.
- September 29th – NIFHS Information Day
- October 6th – Starting Your Genealogy – Beginner’s Course
- October 9th – The Plantation of Ulster – Names and Places
- October 9th – Family Finder Tuesdays – FULLY BOOKED
- October 15th – Family Finder Mondays – FULLY BOOKED
- October 16th – Understanding Heraldry – CANCELLED
- October 22nd – Using WikiTree
- October 27th – DNA Painter – FULLY BOOKED
- November 3rd – Making the Most of Your Autosomal DNA Results – FULLY BOOKED
- November 6th – From Family Tree to Family History
- November 13th – Sharing Your Family History
- November 19th – Family Finder Mondays – EXTRA COURSE
- November 20th – Researching Military Ancestors
- December 4th – JSTOR – a free online resource for NIFHS members
More details on the Courses page.
The courses are open to members and non-members.
Are you interested in any of these courses?
Book your place now.
Email Martin at Education@NIFHS.org to book a place.
Please give your
- Full Name, Membership Number (if any), Course Title, Course Date
If the course you are interested in is marked FULLY BOOKED,
email Martin at Education@NIFHS.org for a place on the waiting list.
If demand is sufficient the course may be repeated.
A course will not run if there are not enough enrolments for it.
Do you shop on Amazon UK?
If so, next time use smile.amazon.co.uk instead of www.amazon.co.uk. Amazon will then, at no cost to you, pay 0.5% of your purchase price (less VAT etc.) to a charity of your choice.
The North of Ireland Family History Society is one of the charities to benefit. Read more …
Share this NIFHS Smile & Shop news
with your family and friends.
The new season of talks arranged by the various Branches starts in September. All are open to the public. The Branch Membership year runs from September to August. New members are especially welcome. Join early to get the maximum benefit.
In taking forward its key objective of fostering an interest in family history with special reference to families who have roots in the North of Ireland and their descendants wherever they may be, the North of Ireland Family History Society (NIFHS) has established a project to use DNA testing as an aid to making genealogical connections within and between families whose roots are in the North of Ireland. More …