The North of Ireland Family History Society is a registered charity (NIC106071) with particular reference to the nine counties of Ulster.
- February 6th – Family Finder 1 – 1 Wednesday and 2 Tuesdays
- February 7th – Family Finder 2 – Thursdays
- February 9th – Starting your Genealogy – Beginner’s Course
- February 19th – Using Newspapers for Family History Research
- February 26th – It’s All About Me
- March 5th – JSTOR – A free resource for NIFHS members
- March 12th – Family Tree Maker: Basics and Benefits
- March 12th – The 1718 Migration
- March 21st – Using Maps
- March 23rd – DNA Day
- March 30th – School Records
- April 2nd – From Family Tree to Family History
- April 4th – Using Ancestry and FindMyPast
- April 13th – Using Google for Family History Research
- April 30th – Family Finder 3 – Tuesdays – FULLY BOOKED
- May 4th – Making the Most of Your Autosomal DNA Results
- May 25th – Using WikiTree
Are you interested in any of these courses?
To book your place now email Martin at Education@NIFHS.org.
Please give your
- Full Name, Membership Number (if any), Course Title, Course Date
If the course you are interested in is marked FULLY BOOKED,
email Martin at Education@NIFHS.org for a place on the waiting list.
If demand is sufficient the course may be repeated.
These courses are open to members and non-members, however a course will not run if there are not enough enrolments for it.
More details can be found on the Courses page.
Associate Membership is for those, typically living far away, who do not attend meetings but who wish to enjoy the other Benefits of Membership.
To join or renew online, go to the Associate Membership page and submit your application via PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit/debit card).
To join or renew by post use the Associate Membership Form with a cheque or Bankers Draft in UK Sterling drawn on a UK Bank to the Society.
Associate Members receive the two issues of the North Irish Roots journal published during the membership year.
Some of the NIFHS Branches use social media to extend their contact with those interested in Family History research. More …
The list of Resources available online for NIFHS Members.
The new season of talks arranged by the various Branches starts in September. All are open to the public. The Branch Membership year runs from September to August. New members are especially welcome. Join early to get the maximum benefit.