The North of Ireland Family History Society is a registered charity (NIC106071) with particular reference to the nine counties of Ulster.
Read all about it !
Also, the Belfast Telegraph’s Your Family Tree supplement, packed with information and tips on how to trace your ancestors.
Read about the recent Back to Our Past at Titanic Belfast event.
The Autumn 2017 issue of the NIFHS Journal (Volume 28.2) has been published and despatched to Members. More …
Associate Members are invited to continue their support of the Society by renewing their membership for 2018.
The courses for Spring 2018 with their start dates
- February 6th – Family Finder 1 – 3 Tuesday evenings
- February 20th – JSTOR – a free online resource for NIFHS members – 1 Tuesday at noon – FREE EVENT
- February 27th – The Plantation of Ulster – Names and Places – 1 Tuesday morning
- March 3rd – Family Finder 2 – 3 Saturday afternoons – FULLY BOOKED
- March 13th – Using GEDmatch – 1 Tuesday evening
- March 20th – Family Tree Maker – Basics and Benefits – 1 Tuesday morning
- March 24th – Using My Heritage DNA – 1 Saturday morning
- April 14th – Making the Most of Your Autosomal DNA Results – 2 Saturday afternoons
- May 8th – Scottish Records – 1 Tuesday afternoon
More details on the Courses page.
Too Late ?
Where a course is marked FULLY BOOKED, e-mail Education@NIFHS.org for a place on the waiting list;
if demand is sufficient the course may be repeated.
Associate Membership is for those, typically living far away, who do not attend meetings but who wish to enjoy the other Benefits of Membership. To join or renew, go to the Associate Membership page and submit your application online via PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit/debit card), or post the Associate Membership Form with a Cheque or Bankers Draft in UK Sterling drawn on a UK Bank to the Society.
The list of Resources available online for NIFHS Members.
The All World Edition of Findmypast is now available for Members to use on a new laptop computer in the Research Centre.
List of Contact addresses.
In taking forward its key objective of fostering an interest in family history with special reference to families who have roots in the North of Ireland and their descendants wherever they may be, the North of Ireland Family History Society (NIFHS) has established a project to use DNA testing as an aid to making genealogical connections within and between families whose roots are in the North of Ireland. More …