The North of Ireland Family History Society (NIFHS) has a varied collection of family trees, miscellaneous records, transcriptions of records and indexes to records and the collection is continually being extended. Most are in the Randal Gill Library. Those that have been indexed have clickable indexes online. Some have been transcribed and those that are clickable will take you to online versions, which may be in an abbreviated form, lacking many of the details that are in the printed version. Subject to copyright law and to permission from the organisations supplying the material and to suppressing “recent” events, we plan to place more of the indexes and transcriptions online as complete records, abbreviated records or surnames only. Some of these are freely available to any viewer; others are limited to Members only.
These are records that have been transcribed by various people and collected together.
- Census Strays — Over 15,000 Irish people recorded in census returns elsewhere. Members are invited to contribute further entries.
These are indexes of people’s names from a variety of sources. The material indexed is available to Members at the Research Centre but for Members who cannot visit we offer a free Look Up Service.
- Index to Members’ Ancestor Charts — Members are invited to contribute a Record of Ancestors Chart to this collection in the Randal Gill Library.
- Index to Family Trees — Members are invited to contribute further trees to this Family Tree Collection in the Randal Gill Library. There is also a list of Family Tree Books.
- Index to Members’ Interests — The list is changed twice a year. Members are invited to contribute a Member’s Profile Form (pdf) or Member’s Profile Form (doc) for this list.
- Index to Mourning Cards — Members are invited to contribute further cards to this collection in the Randal Gill Library.
- Index to Miscellaneous Records Extracted from Journals — See Journals to find which have been indexed.
- Index to Gravestone Inscriptions Extracted from Journals — See Journals to find which have been indexed.
- Index to Petitions in The Irish Law Times & Solicitors’ Journal — Bankruptcy petitions & insolvency petitions in 1872 in the six counties that now constitute Northern Ireland; shelved in the Directories section of the map Room.
- Index to Solicitors’ Records — These records in the Randal Gill Library are mostly from the Portadown/Lurgan area.
- Presbyterian Historical Society of Ireland Correspondence — Indexes to genealogical correspondence over many years; the boxes of envelopes are shelved in the Randal Gill Library.
Offline Indexes & Records
- Electoral Lists — These volumes are not indexed and are shelved in the Randal Gill Library.
36 leases dated between 1771 and 1813 pertaining to Tynan parish in Co. Armagh.