Associate Membership Application (or Renewal)
Associate Membership is from 1 January to 31 December.
Applicants need to agree to their details being held on computer for use in Society publications.
(This is essential for administration purposes.)
Subscription to Join or Renew Associate Membership
The membership subscription paid is treated as a donation made to the Society, a recognised charity, for the advancement of its objects.
If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your subscription can be boosted by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme at no extra cost to you. A Gift Aid Declaration is required. Click or tap on the Join/Renew button below to go to the Application Form which includes a Gift Aid section.
How to Join or Renew for 2017
To Join the Society for the first time – click on the Join/Renew button and then complete the online form, selecting the “New ASSOCIATE MEMBER” option as the Associate Membership Type.
To Renew – click on the Join/Renew button and then complete the online form, selecting the “Existing ASSOCIATE MEMBER” option as the Associate Membership Type.
Existing and past members should enter their membership number, or a “?” (question mark) if not known, in the membership number box which will appear on the form.
If you need any help, please email the Membership Secretary at email@example.com.
The subscription is paid to the Society through the PayPal online payments system using either a PayPal account or a credit/debit card. It is not necessary to create a PayPal account.
Fill in the details on the Associate Membership Application / Renewal Form.
If using a credit/debit card instead of a PayPal account –
- Remove any email address that appears by default on the ‘Log In to PayPal’ screen.
- Click on the ‘Check Out as a Guest’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Complete the ‘PayPal Guest Checkout’ form with your card, billing address and contact information details.
Note: It is not necessary to create a PayPal account.
What Happens Next
Your application will be processed by the Society and in due course* you will receive –
- Welcome Email with username and password for the website Members’ content
- North Irish Roots Journal
- JSTOR Registration Invitation
* The Society having no full-time personnel relies on volunteers covering many areas of its service provision. Membership applications are processed normally on a weekly basis. However, holiday periods (July and December) may cause longer response times.